Monday 7 February 2011

Selections

Lesson 3

For this exercise I used the magnetic lasso tool to select each bird and fill them with colour.


For this exercise I selected a tree using the quick selection tool. I then copied and pasted it and enlarged it using free transform (command T) to create a forest in the desert!


For this exercise I selected each window using the rectangle marquee tool. I then selected 3 additional pictures and pasted them into the photo. I resized the pictures using free transform (command T.)


For this exercise I selected the head on this painting using the elliptical marquee tool. I then inverted the selection and filled the background with colour using the feather option.


For this exercise I selected the skin of the model using quick mask . I then inverted it and used a stroke line to show the outline.


For this exercise I selected the front dancer using quick mask. I then copied and pasted the dancer to the front of the line and changed the size to correspond with the others using free transform (command T.)


For this exercise I selected the hair of the model using quick mask. I then filled in the image with an alternative colour.


Lesson 4
For this exercise I  cut out the rim of the wheel using the elliptical marquee tool. I altered the size and position of the circle using alt and space. The cut out shows 3 different selections.

For this exercise I separated the fence from its background. To do this I selected it using the polygonal lasso tool pasted it onto a new layer.


For this exercise I used the quick selection tool to select the man. I then removed him from the background by pasting onto a new layer. I then selected certain areas which were underexposed using quick mask and lightened them using levels.



The aim of this exercise was to put the wasp onto this sand background. To do this I selected the outline of the body of the wasp using quick mask. To save time I then selected the middle area with the magic wand tool and filled the rest of it in so it was also selected. Because the wings were see-through I selected them with the quick mask using a mid-tone grey so the opacity was less. I then pasted into the sand layer.

No comments:

Post a Comment