Sunday 13 February 2011

Painting Tools

Lesson 5



For this exercise I produced my own brush and pattern. I did this by drawing a sun and then going to edit - define brush prefect. To make a pattern I drew using my new sun brush and went to edit - define pattern. I then used these tools by filling in the man's shirt using the brush and his tie using the pattern.


This is a gradient I produced using the Gradient tool.


I used the smudge tool to make it appear like the clock is melting.


I used the blur tool to give the effect of shallow depth of field.



I used the dodge, burn and sponge tool to brighten up this countryside scene.


I used the pattern stamp tool to change this woman's dress.



On this image I used the clone tool to remove all of the penguins out of this picture. You really had to pay attention to what area you were cloning as to get the right shade of sand.


I added a sunset onto this image by cloning onto a new layer. I did this by selecting the image of the sunset using alt-click and using the clone tool to transfer it onto the penguin layer. I tidied up the join line between the sky and buildings using the eraser.  I made it easier to do this by lowering the opacity so I could see the layer below.




Here I used the healing brush tool to remove the blemishes from this woman's skin.

Here I used the patch tool to remove the lines on Glenn Close's face.

For this exercise I was required to restore this old photograph by removing the creases. I did this by using the healing brush tool, spot healing brush tool and the patch tool. I found this exercise challenging and despite me spending a long time of my results were by no means perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment