Monday 14 March 2011

Idea 2 - the four elements

For my second idea I decided to produce an image consisting of four separate photos, each one representing a different element: water, fire, earth and air. These elements juxtapose each other which is the theme for this idea.

Many people have studied this subject and put their own take on it. This is the German painter Adolf Ziegler's version.








  • Image 1 - water






To make this image I imposed the image of the water splashing out the glass onto on the earth. I then used free transform to to make it the size I wanted. Next I used the eraser to get rid of the wine glass and leave the water splash. I then used the clone tool to make the joining less severe as well as the eraser with the opacity lowered.








Earth taken from - http://www.widescreenwallpapers.org/earth-7-wallpapers.html
  • Image 2 - fire


To make this image I imposed the image of the fire onto on the earth. I then used free transform to to make it the size I wanted. Next I lowered the opacity of the image so I could see the globe beneath and used the eraser to get rid of excess fire. I then used the clone tool to make the joining less severe as well as the eraser with the opacity lowered.

  • Image 3 - earth






To make this image I firstly removed the seedling from its background using the quick selection tool. I then imposed the image onto on the earth. Next I used free transform to to make it the size I wanted. Then I lowered the opacity of the image so I could see the globe beneath and used the eraser to get rid of excess soil. Finally I used the clone tool to make the joining less severe as well as the eraser with the opacity lowered.

Seedling taken from - http://www.equippingfamilies.org/Familiy%20Ministry%20new.html

  • Image 4 - air





To make this image I firstly removed the wind turbines from the background using the quick selection tool. I then imposed the 3 images onto on the earth. Next I used free transform to to make the turbines the size I wanted.


Wind turbines taken from http://browse.deviantart.com/resources/?qh=&section=&q=wind+turbine#/d39mhl3


Final Image





No comments:

Post a Comment